We have taken great steps to improve the online fundraising process. From the moment you first log in, you’ll be able to start fundraising quick and easy! This new approach will make it simple to update your personal page, manage your contacts and team, ask for donations, and invite friends and family to join your team or donate.
- Visit www.rmhc.ca to join Red Shoe Crew-Walk for Families 2020!
- Join an existing team or start your own. Click on “Create Your Fundraiser”, make an account and sign in.
- Fill out the four sections:
- Step 1: Fundraiser Details: Your Fundraiser name (your name, your community’s name), your goal, fundraiser description, whether or not you are hosting an event. **Information such as which RMHC Chapter you are supporting and fundraiser end date will be pre-filled with our event info and cannot be changed.
- Step 2: Upload an eye-catching image or video to your campaign. Perhaps a photo of why you are walking or one from a past walk in your community
- Step 3: There isn’t anything needed here as you are making a campaign under the main campaign, proceed to step 4
- Step 4: Review. Make sure all the information is correct and that everything looks good. You are ready to publish your fundraiser and start raising funds!
Once your fundraiser is live, start sharing it around and raise as much as you can!
If online fundraising isn’t for you, we do have offline pledge sheets available. Request a pledge sheet here. You will be given a link to download and print or we can mail as many as you need to your address.
Email Templates below:
Sending emails to family and friends is one of the most successful ways to fundraise. Pick from one of our email templates below (or create your own), select your recipients, and send.
It’s that easy! The more emails you send, the more money you raise to support sick children and their families at Ronald McDonald House!
Email template: Donation request to friends and family
Subject line [short and compelling, avoid CAPS and exclamations]:
Dear [insert name],
Families with a sick child need to be stronger than ever as they manage their own family crisis during a global crisis. Right now, it is hard for all families to stay close – but it is even harder for a family with a sick or injured child especially those who must travel far from home during these extraordinary circumstances. As our province’s family care charity, we understand the importance of keeping families close, especially during these difficult times. Our families need you, now more than ever.
RMHC NL has experienced a significant reduction of funding due to cancellation of fundraising events, suspended in house volunteer programs, cancelled program support from outside groups and increased costs due to heightened infection control processes as a result of COVID-19. It has certainly been a challenging year. As a dedicated volunteer/donor for Ronald McDonald House Charities Newfoundland and Labrador, I have already made my personal monetary donation to Ronald McDonald House Charities Newfoundland and Labrador this year and I invite you to also do the same. Ronald McDonald House needs your help now more than ever!
Your donation will go directly to providing programs and services for families with a sick child at Ronald McDonald House. Your donation will have a direct impact on our ability to continue delivering our mission of keeping families close to their sick or injured child.
Your donation will mean:
- keeping families close to their sick child and the medical care and resources they need;
- the keys to a family suite for a shower and a good night sleep;
- hot meals;
- access to laundry services;
- extra cleaning supplies for advanced sanitizing procedures;
- activities to help keep children and families occupied during isolation.
Ronald McDonald House families need your help!
I’m encouraged by the support I’ve already received, but I still need help reaching my fundraising goal of [insert dollar amount]. Please consider making a donation so Ronald McDonald House can continue to be there for sick children and their families. [INSERT LINK (team or individual page)]
Dear [insert name],
You might have heard that I’m fundraising to support the program and services offered to sick children and their families at Ronald McDonald House. This charity is very important to me because [supply a personal reason that appeals to the reader’s emotions].
I’m encouraged by the support I’ve already received, but I still need help reaching my fundraising goal of [insert dollar amount].
Would you be willing to make a contribution to my fundraiser? A gift of any amount would be greatly appreciated.
To donate, simply click the link to my fundraiser below:
[Insert link to fundraiser]
It would also mean a lot if you could share my fundraiser link on social media. The more exposure I get, the faster I will reach my goal.
I’d love to talk to you more about my fundraiser, so please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Email template: Time-sensitive donation request to friends and family
Subject line: Only [insert days] to help me reach my fundraising goal for the Walk for Families event.
Dear [insert name],
I only have [number] days to finish fundraising for the Walk for Families event in support of Ronald McDonald House.
If only [insert number] of people donated [insert dollar amount] to my fundraiser, I would [be able to meet my fundraising goal/make significant progress toward my fundraising goal]. Would you be able to help make this a reality?
To donate, just click the link to my fundraiser below:
[insert link to fundraiser]
It would also really help if you could share my fundraiser link with everyone you know. The more eyes on my fundraiser, the better!
I appreciate all of your support! I wouldn’t be able to accomplish [fundraising goal] without your help.
[Your contact info]